Download as PDF.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: allisonmacalister.com
Creative, professional and enthusiastic artist & designer with an excellent grasp of sales, marketing & business strategies. Proven problem-solving skills, achievement-driven and an accomplished self-starter. Committed to her work and her passion.
Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Diploma in Print Media 2005
- Studied Adobe Creative Suite software, colour & design theory, offset printing.
- Diploma in Small & Medium Enterprise Management 2007
- Studied small business accounting, marketing, sales & entrepreneurship.
Work Experience & Clients
- Providing services to a wide variety of clientele, small and large
- Illustration, graphic design, desktop publishing & layout services
- Periodic consulting to local Ottawa businesses
- Expanding to a small product line in 2015
- 2009-Present (many clientele)
- Creating custom pet portraits for wide variety of pet owners
- Pet art services including logo design, branding kits and web design.
- Opened small online gift shop in 2014 featuring products for pet lovers including sticker sheets, acrylic charms and greeting cards
- Book Illustrator & Layout Artist – 2013-Present (recurring client)
- Provided over 24 illustrations for first children’s travel book in a series
- Created a consistent look & feel across illustrations
- Focus on character consistency and accuracy of architecture
- Designed layout with text & images to provide comfortable reading flow for children and parents
Global Pet Foods Kanata & Hintonburg
- Sales Associate & Events/Marketing Manager – 2011-2013 (employer)
- Provided day-to-day service to customers, providing in-depth information and consultation for pet nutrition at the Hintonburg location
- Designed signage & painted windows seasonally for both locations
- Maintained social media for Hintonburg and Kanata locations (Facebook, Twitter, blog)
- Planned, organized and lead various fundraising & Hintonburg community events, including Puppy Parties, Photos With Santa, numerous rescue fundraisers and Hintonburg Dog Movie Night
- Layout Artist & Desktop Publishing consultant – 2008-2009 (client)
- Worked with Executive Director & Research Associate
- Developed layout & publishing documents for national report on butterflies in Canada
- Layout Artist & Desktop Publishing consultant 2008-2009 (client)
- Worked with Executive Director & Communications Director on French edition of environmental report on Gatineau Park
- Layout work for promotional materials (postcards & brochures)
Skills & Software
Design and sketch drawings for wide variety of uses: wall artwork, publications, buttons, stickers, keychains & more.
- Focus on desktop publishing & layout design
- Experience in logo design, particularly in pet industry
- Intermediate web design knowledge: experience with HTML/CSS and WordPress CMS
- Strong knowledge of colour theory, design principles and layout techniques
Sales & Administrative
Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Paint Tool SAI
Microsoft Office 365, OpenOffice 4.0
Adobe Illustrator CS6, Manga Studio 5 EX, Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
Trello Project Management